RSS

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Beautiful Song from "Spirited Away"

 "Itsumo Nando demo" (Whenever, and as many times) from "Spirited Away"
「千と千尋の神隠し」から ”いつも何度でも” ‐ 木村弓



I was able to watch the original Japanese version of "Spirited Away." I've watched it before in English.
It spoke to me deeply partially because it was in Japanese and also I have grown older.
I wanted to share with you my rough translation of this beautiful lyrics, and in doing so, I took the liberty.
The Lyre Ms. Kimura is playing here in the video is very familiar to the Steiner-Waldorf educators, and I have played it before as well.


"Itsumo Nando demo" (Whenever, and as many times)
Music and Vocal by Kimura Yumi

English Translation: Hikaru Miyakawa

"It's calling me from somewhere deep within my bosom(heart),
...wanting to dream the kind of dream where my heart can dance with joy and anticipation...

Though there are countless sadness, beyond it I'm certain that I can find you

Whenever the mistakes are repeated, one gets to realize the blueness of the simple, blue firmament...
Though the path before me may appear to continue forever, these hands can embrace the light.


The silent heart at the moment of its departure, listens intently through the body which is bound to become 'zero,'
...mystery of living,
...mystery of dying,
...(whether it is) the flower, the wind, the city streets - it applies to all


La, la, la...

It is calling from somewhere deep within (me)... (so) let us dream the dream whenever and as many (much) as we can...
Instead of counting and uttering away the sadness, (let us) sing gently with the same lips...


Within the subsiding memory I always hear the whisper that I do not wish to forget.
Even on the shattered pieces of mirror the new scenery is reflected.


In the commencing morning through the silent window,
may the body which is bound to become 'zero,' expand and be fulfilled...

I shall no longer look far beyond the boundary of the sea to find that which shines, for I was able to find it here... and it always have been ...within me"

No comments:

Post a Comment